About Fertility Testing
There may be several reasons why a woman may have difficulty conceiving. Therefore, at Women's Health at Valley View, we work with women during fertility consultations and testing if you are hoping to start or add a new member to your family. For women who are trying to conceive over the age of 35 or are just having difficulty conceiving, our team of board-certified OB/GYNs will provide a thorough evaluation to determine what may be the cause. At our Glenwood Springs, Basalt, and Silt, CO locations, we desire to aid women of all ages to allow them to understand their fertility options and start them on their journey to motherhood. Contact one of our facilities today to learn more about fertility testing and how we can help you.
There are a few symptoms, conditions, or circumstances that women who are having difficulty conceiving may exhibit, including:
- Extremely long or short menstrual cycles
- Irregular or a lack of menstrual cycles
- Painful periods
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- A misshapen uterus or fallopian tubes
- A history of multiple miscarriages
- Past cancer treatments, including radiation exposure or chemotherapy
"Dr. Joel Dickens was our doctor throughout my second pregnancy and birth of our daughter two years ago. He was great about answering any of our questions and addressing any concerns we had along the way. He never made me feel like any of my questions were unimportant or silly and I was never made to feel that my concerns were irrational. I am now in my last weeks of my third pregnancy and am much less anxious knowing this baby and I are in good hands with Dr. Dickens. We highly recommend Dr. Joel Dickens!"- Anonymous / Vitals / Nov 19, 2018
"My son is almost 3 months and my initial intent was a home birth however with some pregnancy complications, I transferred to the clinic and my experience with Women’s Health was amazing. Everyone there is knowledgeable, open, friendly and helpful. I had a natural childbirth of a nearly 9lbs baby and Brenda Hanson was so encouraging and helpful. She really helped me make it through along with all of the staff at the family birthplace. It was truly a great experience that my husband, son and I are all grateful for. Could not be happier with the care."- A.B. / Google / Mar 05, 2020
"Another great visit after my recent procedure. Very impressed with this practice."- J.C. / SurveyVitals / Feb 20, 2020
"I've got to say Valerie the RN that took me back was wonderful. She helped me with the most advice first hand and she made me feel very comfortable. She is the sweetest."- Anonymous / SurveyVitals / Feb 20, 2020
"The ultrasound and the description that Karen gave us while we looked at each part of the baby was amazing!"- Anonymous / SurveyVitals / Feb 16, 2020
At Women’s Health at Valley View, we offer several types of fertility testing based on existing symptoms/conditions that may be causing difficulty conceiving. Among these tests are:
- Ovulation tests: During this testing process, our OB/GYN specialists evaluate if an egg is being released during ovulation. Typically, a blood sample is taken to determine if hormone levels are in the normal range. We may also identify the quality and amount of eggs in your ovarian reserve by testing hormone levels among certain phases of the menstrual cycle.
- Ultrasounds: An ultrasound creates a sonogram image of the reproductive system. This allows our team of OB/GYNs to identify any abnormalities, such as growths, cysts, or an irregularly shaped uterus.
- Transvaginal ultrasounds: For a transvaginal ultrasound, a “wand” is inserted into the vagina to offer a thorough view of the uterus and ovaries. Similarly to an ultrasound performed on the abdomen, this allows our team to check for any fibroids, growths, or additional abnormalities that may be present on the fallopian tubes, uterus, or ovaries.
What to Expect
After fertility testing is conducted, our skilled team will be able to talk with you about your results. If an abnormality or condition is present, we will also be able to explain your options for treatment. At our practice, we have several options for infertility treatments and we will determine the best approach for you and your needs.
Learn About Your Options
When trying to conceive, it can be frustrating and heartbreaking when things don't happen the way you planned. To learn about fertility testing and the treatments we offer at Women's Health at Valley View, we invite you to contact one of our Colorado locations. We can help you learn more about your fertility options.