About Fertility Testing
There may be several reasons why a woman may have difficulty conceiving. Therefore, at Women's Health at Valley View, we work with women during fertility consultations and testing if you are hoping to start or add a new member to your family. For women who are trying to conceive over the age of 35 or are just having difficulty conceiving, our team of board-certified OB/GYNs will provide a thorough evaluation to determine what may be the cause. At our Glenwood Springs, Basalt, and Silt, CO locations, we desire to aid women of all ages to allow them to understand their fertility options and start them on their journey to motherhood. Contact one of our facilities today to learn more about fertility testing and how we can help you.
There are a few symptoms, conditions, or circumstances that women who are having difficulty conceiving may exhibit, including:
- Extremely long or short menstrual cycles
- Irregular or a lack of menstrual cycles
- Painful periods
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- A misshapen uterus or fallopian tubes
- A history of multiple miscarriages
- Past cancer treatments, including radiation exposure or chemotherapy
"All the staff was very very pleasant, and very professional..Dr.Halliwell is the best! She is compassionate, kind and very knowledgeable. She takes time to hear your concerns and takes time to explain everything to you!"- S.P. / Google / Feb 03, 2022
"Excelente atención se preocupan no sólo por él bienestar físico sino también por el emocional y psicológico, Gracias!"- S.M. / Google / Jan 28, 2022
"Dr. Joel Dickens was our doctor throughout my second pregnancy and birth of our daughter two years ago. He was great about answering any of our questions and addressing any concerns we had along the way. He never made me feel like any of my questions were unimportant or silly and I was never made to feel that my concerns were irrational. I am now in my last weeks of my third pregnancy and am much less anxious knowing this baby and I are in good hands with Dr. Dickens. We highly recommend Dr. Joel Dickens!"- Anonymous / Vitals / Nov 19, 2018
"Dr. Mang-Smith is one of the best doctors I’ve had in a long time. She is sharp, attentive, perceptive, a step ahead of me even. I went in for something pretty basic, that thing that is necessary but most women avoid. She asked important questions and offered great solutions to some things I hadn’t even considered addressing. She ordered an important test and the radiology department called me to schedule before I even drove away from the medical building. Dr. Mang-Smith is a Women’s health physician, after all, which covers a lot more than I was even thinking about. I also left with a book and a prescription. I think my life is about to get a lot better. "- S. / Healthgrades / Oct 09, 2021
"My husband and I switched to VVWH for a second opinion after a rough start to our pregnancy journey. We have nothing but GLOWING reviews about the care we recieved at VVWH. The clinic was incredibly professional, on time, clean and we loved all of the staff we worked with. We thoroughly enjoyed each of the midwives and doctors that assisted us throughout the 9 months. Our time at the hospital was wonderful. I ended up having a csection and felt very comfortable with the entire procedure. We spent 3 nights in the hospital afterward and learned a lot from the staff and nurses there. We will definitely be returning to VVWH in the future!"- A.S. / Google / May 11, 2023
At Women’s Health at Valley View, we offer several types of fertility testing based on existing symptoms/conditions that may be causing difficulty conceiving. Among these tests are:
- Ovulation tests: During this testing process, our OB/GYN specialists evaluate if an egg is being released during ovulation. Typically, a blood sample is taken to determine if hormone levels are in the normal range. We may also identify the quality and amount of eggs in your ovarian reserve by testing hormone levels among certain phases of the menstrual cycle.
- Ultrasounds: An ultrasound creates a sonogram image of the reproductive system. This allows our team of OB/GYNs to identify any abnormalities, such as growths, cysts, or an irregularly shaped uterus.
- Transvaginal ultrasounds: For a transvaginal ultrasound, a “wand” is inserted into the vagina to offer a thorough view of the uterus and ovaries. Similarly to an ultrasound performed on the abdomen, this allows our team to check for any fibroids, growths, or additional abnormalities that may be present on the fallopian tubes, uterus, or ovaries.
What to Expect
After fertility testing is conducted, our skilled team will be able to talk with you about your results. If an abnormality or condition is present, we will also be able to explain your options for treatment. At our practice, we have several options for infertility treatments and we will determine the best approach for you and your needs.
Learn About Your Options
When trying to conceive, it can be frustrating and heartbreaking when things don't happen the way you planned. To learn about fertility testing and the treatments we offer at Women's Health at Valley View, we invite you to contact one of our Colorado locations. We can help you learn more about your fertility options.